Welcome to the UArizona Horn Studio!
Welcome to the University of Arizona Horn Studio Website! Are you interested in studying horn at the University of Arizona? Do you want to join a community of horn players committed to excellence? You’ve come to the right place!
The UA Horn Studio provides outstanding opportunities for growth and success: guest artists and teachers visit frequently, there are two performance-based graduate assistantships for horn, and the studio has several special instruments for student use, including a Paxman natural horn and a Yamaha triple horn. I would be happy to plan a campus visit for you to experience the studio offerings for yourself!
My approach as a teacher is very individual: your specific career goals will guide your path. I bring 15 years experience performing as an orchestral, solo, and chamber musician, plus decades working with students to achieve technical and musical growth. Do you want to win a job in an orchestra? We can do that. Do you want to be the best you can and perform for your own enrichment? We can do that, too. High-level, professional training is available for students pursuing orchestral performance, music education, and non-musical careers.
This year’s guest artists include:
- Wei-Ping Chou, 2nd Horn Kennedy Center Opera/Washington National Opera
- Mill Ave Chamber Players
- Michael Walker, Horn Professor, University of New Mexico
- Annie Bosler and Dylan Skye Hart, Los Angeles Studio Musicians
- Lisa Ford, Principal Horn, Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra (Sweden)
- Sonoran Brass Quintet
- David Byrd, International Contemporary Ensemble, and Horn Professor, Denver University
- Michelle Rimoli, Private Studio Teacher, New Mexico
- Peter Solomon, Principal Horn, Shanghai Symphony Orchestra (China)
You can find more information about my background, teaching style, and the UA horn studio on this site. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me for more information or to set up an introductory lesson – firstname.lastname@example.org.